Jacob Shisha, is a founding partner at Tabak Mellusi & Shisha LLP. He is an extremely skilled attorney who devotes his practice to helping people who have been injured at sea.
For nearly 30 years, Mr. Shisha has been serving Longshore and Harbor workers who have been injured in New York and throughout the country. His practice is devoted to litigation, including deckhand injuries, unseaworthiness, maintenance and cure and other types of claims under the Jones Act and the Longshore Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
Mr. Shisha has extensive jury trial experience and has obtained numerous seven-figure verdicts for clients throughout his career.
He has twice been consistently selected to the NY Metro Super Lawyers since 2014 and has been named in the “Best Lawyers in America” list.
Mr. Shisha focuses exclusively on representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases involving injuries at sea, including maritime workers who have been injured on the job and passengers who have been injured in ship accidents. He now handles a variety of types of cases, including fishing boat accidents, passenger and recreational vessel accidents and ferry, barge and tug accidents.
- New York, 1989
- Louisiana, 1983
- New Jersey, 1989
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- State University of New York Maritime, New York, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 00/1981
- Honors: magna cum laude
- SUNY Maritime College, Fort. Schuyler (BS Mar,Trans/Computer Science)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maritime Law Association, 00/1991
Past Employment Positions
- US Coast Guard, License Deck Officer
- Maritime Law Association of the U.S, Proctor in Admiralty Member
Pro Bono Activities
- United States Coast Guard licensed Deck Officer, Third Mate, Steam or Motor Vessels of any Gross Tons.